Objective of UDYAMA
To make more preparedness towards disaster & desertification, protect, preserve and promote biological-diversity in order to safe, secured and healthy environment & development diversity some of the following of this is given as
- To undertake integrated development programs related to lives and livelihood of the tribal and marginalized sections
- To strengthen community initiatives on protection, regeneration and conservation of natural resources.
- Facilitating the advocacy process on community's access and control over use and management of the resources.
- To work towards strengthening the Panchayatiraj institutions..
- To study the indigenous traditional knowledge and skills of the tribal and work for the development and improvement of their knowledge and skills.
- To work towards effective implementation of development activities in collaboration with the Government and other resource organizations.
- To ensure convergence of Government schemes and programmes in the action areas of the organization.
- To promote and strengthen grass root based people's network, at the village and regional level and helping them to ascertain their rights and socio-economic justice
- To facilitate the development process of the region by establishing and strengthening effective networking with the NGOs.
- To create an institutional base for capacity building of tribal and rural youths as well as young educated professionals. And above all
- Responsive towards risk reduction and protection & promotion of livelihoods from recurrent disaster.
To Link to the broader view of poverty and poverty alleviation that goes beyond just income poverty to include empowerment, capability and health etc.
Highlight the crucial role of local context (especially vulnerability context) and how this influences the asset base, the selection of livelihood strategies, and the outcomes for households.
Give space to local perspectives - categorize the strategies that make up their livelihoods.
Build on what exists - a multidimensional, integrated perspective that unites the concepts of economic development, reduced vulnerability and environmental sustainability
oriented organization primarily ... Pradeep Mohapatra www.udyama.org ...
Migrants now Mainstreamed | Pradeep Mohapatra - Academia.edu
Udyama is a food security and sustainable rural livelihoods focused action and advocacy